In 1888, the Chaffey brothers built Chateau Mildura Winery in Belar Avenue, Irymple. They planted 150 acres of wine grapes on the property. The first vintage was in 1891. In 1892, the brick cellars were built and in 1895 the first still was installed for the production of spirit – mostly brandy. The winery was closed in 1908 but re-opened in 1911 as a major producer of brandy and sweet fortified white wine. In 2002, the Milne family purchased Chateau Mildura and began to produce a range of specialised wines. It is also a museum of winery memorabilia.